Anette Goodwin is a Registered Massage Therapist, who has been practicing in Halifax, Nova Scotia for the past 16 years. She takes great pride in being able to help people through the physical and mental stresses in their lives with her customized massage treatments. Anette creates a therapeutic yet relaxing environment where her patients can step away from their lives for an hour and truly relax.
She graduated with honours from ICT Northumberland in 2005 and has worked in several clinics as well as a women’s fitness facility. She has also taken time to work from her home in Bedford, to take care of her young son.
A passion for women’s health has led her to develop this important part of her career. She trained and worked as a birth doula for 10 years, and is trained in pregnancy and postpartum massage.
Her career has also led her to gain a greater understanding of chronic neuromuscular pain and how it affects patient’s everyday lives.
Anette always strives to alleviate her patient’s discomfort with the appropriate treatments and to support them through the healing process while promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Services Anette Offers:
- Therapeutic Massage – Massage Therapy 2200-hour Diploma
- Craniosacral Therapy – Upledger Institute Level 1
- Pregnancy Massage and Birth Counseling
- Pelvic Health- Levels 1 and 2
- Schweitzer Deep Tissue Therapy
Conditions Anette treats:
- Postural Imbalance – hyperkyphosis, hyperlordosis, scoliosis, text neck
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- SI Joint and Pelvic Dysfunction
- Pre and Postnatal Related Conditions
- Chronic conditions- Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Anxiety
Anette has been living in West Bedford for almost 10 years with her husband Devan and son Jenson, and has seen this community grow to be the busy area it is today. She is excited to work close to her home and provide massage treatments in her community. When not working, she calls herself a full time mom, but also loves to paint, hike and visit beaches with her family.