Yolanda provides high quality patient care in one-on-one private physiotherapy sessions. She performs meticulous assessments, and designs individualized treatment plans, to ensure the best possible results for every patient.
Originally from Venezuela, Yolanda attended the University College of Rehabilitation May Hamilton where she obtained her Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy with honours “Summa Cum Laude” in 2000.
She practiced in a variety of settings including hospitals, private practice, and sports events before obtaining her Master of Science in Physiotherapy degree in 2012 from Dalhousie University, where she was the recipient of the Dalhousie University Graduate Studies Scholarship Award.
Working in private practice since graduation, Yolanda specializes in the treatment and management of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular conditions for clients of all ages.
As an experienced physiotherapist, she provides excellent patient-centered care, with a perfect balance between hands-on approach, exercise prescription, with the appropriate modalities. She guides her patients to be actively involved in their own care empowering them with all of the necessary tools to reach their goals and maintain their health.
- Certified McKenzie MDT Clinician by McKenzie Institute International
- Certified Bone Fit Trained by Osteoporosis Canada
- FMT Advanced Blades Certified by Rocktape Canada
- Complete Concussion Management Healthcare Practitioner and R2P Advanced Concussion Management
- Mulligan Concept Upper and Lower Extremities
- Advanced Physical Therapy Upper Extremity
- Anatomical Acupuncture Level 2
- Acupuncture Canada Certification in Dry Needling Level 2
- Cupping Therapy
- Advanced Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy Level I
- Shoulder and Knee Post-surgical Rehabilitation
- BoneFit Training
- Concussion Management
- Dry Needling
- Exercise Prescription
- Manual Therapy
- Other Modalities – Shockwave Therapy, Ultrasound, IFC
- Acute and Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Acute and Chronic Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain and Dysfunctions
- Chronic Pain Management
- Post Concussion Syndrome
- Whiplash Associated Disorder
- Temporomandibular Disorders
- Post Operative Rehabilitation:
- Knee and Shoulder Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
When not at work, Yolanda enjoys spending time with her wife and two insatiable beagles, going hiking, kayaking and swimming. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, Yolanda spends time indoors baking and working on carpentry projects around the house.